MAKE A PHONE CALL NOW
TO SUPPORT STANDING ROCK
AND PROTECT IT FROM DAPL
On January 24, Donald Trump signed two presidential memoranda OK’ing the construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline and the Dakota Access Pipeline. Since last year, DAPL has been the subject of long-standing protests. The people of the Standing Rock Indian Reservation say the pipeline will contaminate the upper Missouri River, the source of their water. Though President Obama rejected both pipelines, Trump is reviving them in the face of widespread criticism. Now, there are still protesters at the Standing Rock site, and they’re being joined by others, including a veterans group. You can still support Standing Rock now to fight these environmental threats, starting with a phone call to the Army Corps of Engineers.
TAKE ACTION TO SUPPORT STANDING ROCK
- Call the Army Corps of Engineers at (202) 761-8700 to say no to DAPL. The public has until February 20 to weigh in on the pipeline and the environmental assessment report.
- Visit Stand With Standing Rock to send a letter to the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Donate to Sacred Stone Camp, Stand With Standing Rock, and the veterans group supporting Standing Rock in their efforts.
- Call, write, and tweet your senators and ask them not to approve Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA. As attorney general of Oklahoma, Pruitt accepted over $100,000 from oil companies and will not fight them as they lobby to build more pipelines.
- If your bank funds DAPL, switch banks or write a letter to your bank’s CEO.
Visit SuitUp Nation’s Facebook Group to join in the conversation and become part of the #SUN movement. Make sure to let us know when you’ve taken action! Leave us a comment on our Facebook Page! Tell everyone you’re a bad a** activist who’s standing up for Human Rights all over North America!